Cyber Security (Level 5 Diploma)
Here, you’ll find information on the Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security course objectives, benefits, content and entry requirements. To enrol in this cyber security specialist course, purchase the course via this website and complete your details as part of the checkout process. You’ll then be contacted with further details about the final stages of the enrollment process.
Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security course objectives
The Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security qualification has been created to develop and reward those learners who are looking to or already have chosen a career in a business-related sector. This programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that you move forward to realise not just your own potential, but also that of your organisations. The Diploma is accredited at Level 5 with a total equivalence of 120 credits. On completing this Level 5 programme you can progress to a university Level 6 top-up programme in the risk management field.
- Flexible: (120 credits/ 4 modules) Flexible and tutor-supported learning. Study online – with cutting-edge interactive software, videos, audio and content – at a time and place that suits you and your business.
- Expert tutors: Our accredited tutors have all worked in senior information and cyber security planning roles in major global businesses and/or law-enforcement agencies. Each module has a specialist module tutor to support your learning.
- CISSP preparation: The course covers content that maps to all 8 subject matter domains within the formal Core Body of Knowledge (CBK) required for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) – the Cyber Security ‘gold standard’ qualification.
- Networking: Meet new colleagues and industry peers through virtual global networking and discussion forums. You will also be entitled to free attendance at Global Cyber Academy ‘live’ business network seminars in London.
- EU GDPR: Covered in an advanced manner via a dedicated module in data security.
- Accreditation: Pass every module to earn a Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security issued by a UK awarding body.
- Progression route to university: Learners who pass the Level 5 Diploma may progress into the final year of the Anglia Ruskin University Cyber Security Bachelor’s degree.
To enrol on the Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security you must have:
- A relevant qualification at Level 4 and/or;
- Some technical and risk management work experience in a computing or security business environment and demonstrable ambition with clear career goals;
- A Level 5 qualification in another discipline and a wish to develop your career in cyber security and/or risk management.
Cyber Security course objectives: Learning outcomes
The Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security will provide you with:
- An understanding of key cryptographic principles and modes.
- An understanding of the standards, regulations and laws that apply to business and government organisations in relation to encryption.
- An understanding of the core principles of digital investigations.
- The abilitiy to apply the types of tool that support professional digital investigations at a strategic level.
- The ability to plan for an investigations and forensics teams.
- An understanding of the physical and human resources required to manage a major suspected cyber security incident.
- The ability to apply Business Continuity Management to major incident planning and response.
- An understanding of the role of senior leaders and strategic leadership.
- The ability to evaluate the management streams and performance monitoring mechanisms that relate to information security.
- An understanding of how data protection legislation impacts considerations of strategy-setting and strategic leadership.
Level 5 Diploma in Cyber Security course content
Introductory module: Threat & Risk
4-week introductory module. Does not count towards the qualification’s 120 credits.
Module 1: Cryptography (30 Credits)
- The science of crypto
- Cipher types
- Symmetric and asymmetric
- Methods of attack
- Standards, regulations, legal domains – including Asia, USA and EU
- Key escrow and recovery
Module 2: Digital Investigations and Forensics (30 Credits)
- Requirement for Forensic Investigations
- Understanding evidential data and prospects of recovery
- Mobile, portable and apps in DI
- Evidential integrity and chain of custody
- Processes and timelines
- Legal domains and cross examination
- Management and budgeting
Module 3: Communications and Incident Management (30 Credits)
- Equipment and location requisites
- Disaster Recovery and Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Crisis Management
- Cyber Resilience: futurology and disruptive considerations
Module 4: Digital Leadership (30 Credits)
- Strategic leadership
- Strategic management, project management and configuration management
- Threat and risk management: global business environments
- Cultural complexity
- Ethics, compliance and governance
1 formal assignment at the end of each module. Informal (formative) exercises during each module. Formal assessments include business reports and presentations. Informal assessments include quizzes, comprehension, brainstorming and practice reports.
This cyber security specialist course is provided by the Global Cyber Academy. The qualification is issued by Qualifi.
How to enrol
Once you’ve purchased the course and completed your details as part of the checkout process, you’ll be contacted for an ID check. As this course is delivered online, there are no set start dates or cohorts. Once you’ve paid the fee and provided valid ID, you’ll be given access to the course. You must be at least 16 years old to enrol on this course.
You must log in and be a buyer of this product to submit a review.